Enriching the quality of life in our community by providing older adults and their families with guidance and support that enhances the ability to age well.
The mission of Aging Care Connections is to enrich the quality of life in our community by providing older adults and their families with guidance and support that enhances the ability to age well. View our Mission Brochure.
Aging Care Connections is a private, not-for-profit organization dedicated to making a difference in the lives of older adults and their families through community-based services that promote dignity, self-respect and independence. Founded in 1971, Aging Care Connections provides comprehensive services to adults sixty years of age and older in five
suburban townships located within Cook County. Aging Care Connections is designated by the Illinois Department on Aging as an ADULT PROTECTIVE SERVICES PROVIDER. Aging Care Connections is available to receive reports of abuse, neglect and exploitation of elders and the disabled older than the age of 18 to investigate reports of suspected physical and emotional abuse, neglect, or financial exploitation. Please see the map of our service area in the “Our Communities” section.
Since first opening its doors, Aging Care Connections has grown and developed to offer a comprehensive range of programs and services specifically designed to meet the changing needs of the older adult population. As a resource for older adults and their families, Aging Care Connections’ professional staff provides needed support through services offered and through linkage with other community organizations.
Each year, more than 8,000 older adults and their families receive services. For many older adults, Aging Care Connections offers an opportunity for them to share their knowledge and experiences and receive the assistance they need to remain vital members of the community.
The vision of Aging Care Connections is to be recognized as our community’s resource expert on aging well:
- We will be the leader in our core business model – care coordination – where we assist older adults and their families to live safely in the community for as long as possible.
- We will diversify our funding resources to safeguard the strength, stability and sustainability of the organization.
- We will strengthen our awareness efforts using various channels to build a reputation as a valued community resource for participants, caregivers, partner agencies, businesses, health professionals, administrators and public policy makers.
- We will advocate on behalf of our older adult community to ensure there are no barriers to aging well and living independently.
- We will create a work culture where every team member is valued and every role is critical to our mission. Top of page
Funding for Aging Care Connections is provided in part by federal and state government agencies, AgeOptions (the Area Agency on Aging of suburban Cook County), local municipalities, townships, and United Way of DuPage/West Cook County.
Aging Care Connections also depends heavily on contributions from foundations, civic and religious organizations, individuals, corporations, and fund-raising events. All donations are tax-deductible in accordance with IRS guidelines.
The donation form is available here.